FERNSIDE BED AND BREAKFAST
In these unusual and challenging times we look forward to welcoming guests to our quiet and rural bed
and breakfast in beautiful mid-Devon. We have had to make some changes to guarantee your safety and
we are fully committed to ensuring your stay with us is safe and enjoyable.
The following outlines the changes we have made to bring Fernside in line with the government’s
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
· If you have any Covid-19 symptoms we ask you not to set off on your journey. We will be happy to
rearrange your booking.
· If you show any symptoms during your stay you will be asked to go home immediately and isolate
following government guidelines.
· Contactless check-in. A registration form will be sent electronically for return to us.
· We will greet you on arrival wearing a mask and keep social distancing at all times.
· On arrival you must use the hand sanitiser provided.
· If your arrival/departure time clashes with another guest we will contact you to adjust it.
· We will not be able to show you your room but we will still be available for any questions you may
have whilst keeping social distancing.
· Your room keys are fully sanitised and left in the door lock for your use. They should be left in the
lock on your departure.
· If you require help with your luggage it will be delivered and left outside your room whilst keeping
social distancing at all times.
· We request that payment for your stay is made on-line the day before your arrival. In certain
circumstances card and cash payments are possible.
· The rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before each guest stay.
· Guest Information folders have been removed. The information will be sent electronically before
· Cushions, bed throws and the spare blanket have been removed.
· Slippers and bathrobes have been removed but are available if requested.
· Leaflets and brochures have been removed. Online sources should be used.
· The room torch will be sanitised and be available in the bedside cabinet drawer.
· The binoculars in the Lynton room have been removed.
· All linen is laundered at high temperatures. For long stays, changes to linen are by negotiation
· Daily servicing of rooms will no longer be carried out. It is available on request providing all personal
items are put away, windows are left open and the room vacated.
· Towels are replaced at your request by placing them outside your room after breakfast.
· Waste bins should be put out each morning for emptying.
· Crockery and glasses should be put out daily for cleaning and sanitising.
· The fresh milk flask should be brought down with you at breakfast and it will be left outside your
room later in the day with fresh milk.
· The hospitality tray contents are replaced for each guest stay. Any replenishment requests should
be made during breakfast.
· The home-made biscuits have had to be replaced with individually wrapped biscuits.
· The iron and ironing board will be sanitised for each guest stay.
· The hairdryer will be sanitised and it should be kept in the clear bag provided.
· The TV controls are provided with a plastic cover which should be kept on throughout your stay.
This will be replaced for the next guests.
· The award winning breakfast is still available.
· A buffet service prior to the cooked breakfast will no longer be available. All food and drink will be
served direct from the kitchen.
· Disposable menus will be used and we will ask you to make your choice as soon as is practicable for
· Breakfast times will be staggered to avoid contact between guests.
· On arrival in the breakfast room guests will be required to use the hand sanitiser.
· Waiting staff will be wearing a mask as they serve breakfast.
· Fresh linen will be used for each breakfast setting.
· Condiments and cutlery will be brought for each guest breakfast in a timely manner.
· Whilst we enjoy socialising with guests social distancing rules between guests and us must be
strictly applied throughout the breakfast service.
DURING YOUR STAY
· If you need advice we are still available. However we will be applying social distancing protocols. You
may contact us on 01884 860025 if you have any questions.
· We will do our best to advise you on what pubs and restaurants are open and will be happy to make
reservations on your behalf.
· For guests bringing in takeaway food the Guest Lounge can be used and there are tables by the lake and on the patio available.
· We request you use disposable cutlery and crockery and place all used items in the bin provided in the guest lounge
· The communal fridge is not to be used by guests due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Despite all these changes we are confident that your stay at Fernside will be a rewarding and positive
experience enjoying our beautiful surroundings.
IAN AND LINDA THORINGTON